2018 WSLA Program Certification
• LYSTEDT LAW – ALL PLAYERS, PARENTS, COACHES
• Sudden Cardiac Arrest LAW – ALL PLAYERS, PARENTS, COACHES
• BACKGROUND CHECK - ALL COACHES
• US LACROSSE MEMBER - ALL COACHES
• CPR/FIRST AID - ALL COACHES
• ALL Head Coaches MUST be USL Level 1 certified
As Athletic Director or Activities Coordinator, Program Board President, or Head Coach of this team, we declare (or certify) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that a hard copy of all documents listed below will be gathered and kept orderly in a binder/notebook prior to the first day of practice. Furthermore, this binder/notebook will be immediately available upon request from the WSLA league board at any time during the season and will be kept through championship weekend at the conclusion of the season:
1. Lysted and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Laws – Certification (hard copies or proof of digital review) that all players and parents on the team have reviewed, signed and returned a concussion and head injury information sheet as well as a Sudden Cardiac Arrest information sheet.
2. Background Check – Documentation that all members of the coaching staff associated with this team have undergone the Washington State Patrol, USL (or similar) background check prior to any contact with participants.
3. US Lacrosse Member – Printed email confirmation or photocopy of membership card showing that all coaches of this team are valid and current US Lacrosse members. **(membership is valid through May 31st, 2017) This is required of ALL coaches whether or not your team is subject to 100% USL membership per the insurance requirement.
4. CPR/First Aid – Photocopies of current CPR and First Aid certification for all members of the coaching staff. **(valid through May 31st, 2017)
5. USL Level 1 certification -- required for ALL head coaches and strongly encouraged for ALL members of the coaching staff.
Furthermore, we declare (or certify) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that every person who is or will be coaching this team have complied with the training requirements of the Lysted and Sudden Cardiac Arrest laws (review video, read fact sheet for coaches and other information available on league website and elsewhere.)